Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas explicitly denied that head coach Antonio Conte has told him he does not have a future at Stamford Bridge.
Fabregas started the midweek EFL Cup win over Bristol Rovers but has only made one Premier League appearance this season, as a substitute at Watford last weekend.
He was an unused substitute during Saturday’s 3-0 win over Burnley and media reports on Sunday morning stated that he had been told by Conte that he would be allowed to leave the club.
However, Fabregas issued a series of tweets on Sunday night in which he made it clear that he will be remaining with the Blues.
“Contrary to what has been written, the manager and I have a good relationship and he has NEVER told me that I can leave,” wrote Fabregas.
“He said that he counts on me, as I count on him. I will continue to fight for this club until the very end and when called upon I will always give my best.
“I am fully committed to Chelsea and my only goal is to help them win football matches.”
The 29-year-old has had a glittering playing career, during which he has been capped over 100 times by Spain, helping them to win the World Cup in 2010.
Formerly with Arsenal and Barcelona, he signed for Chelsea in the summer of 2014 and played a key role as they won the Premier League title in his first season with the club.